Graphic statics is a traditional visual analysis method used for centuries to analyse structures and design some of the most elegant and impressive buildings and monuments in human history.
In this session, Block Research Group will introduce advanced topics in computational graphic statics, including 3D graphic statics based on polyhedral reciprocal diagrams.
Reasons to watch:
Who should watch:
- Learn about advanced topics in graphic statics
- Hear about ongoing research in computational graphic statics
- Gain an understanding of 3D graphic statics using polyhedral reciprocal diagrams
- Engineers with active roles in the conceptual design of structures - particularly shell structures, membrane structures, long span structures and trusses
- Conservation engineers assessing equilibrium and stability of masonry structures
- Engineers looking to use graphic statics to design efficient, material-saving structures
- Structural engineering students
We recommend viewing the third and fourth webinars in this series beforehand. You can purchase these as single webinars, or purchase the series of five webinars and receive a series discount here.
To book single webinars please visit the links in the list below.
About the series
This webinar is part 5 of a 5-part series on graphic statics.
All webinars are recorded and available to purchase on-demand following the live broadcast:
1. Graphic statics: structural design and analysis through geometry
2. Graphical analysis of frames and trusses
3. Computational graphical analysis of 2D structures
4. Funicular shell form finding
5. Advanced computational graphic statics
You can book the graphic statics series here.