Join our team of approximately 65 employees and help support Institution members.
We offer a wide range of roles. Apply now to play a part in keeping our prestigious Institution at the forefront of the structural engineering profession.
What we can offer you
The world of work is constantly changing. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we can provide and offer a wide variety of benefits to enhance your work life balance and wellbeing:
A great location
- Our office is only a short walk from Barbican, Old Street and Farringdon
- A bright, modern and open-plan space supports a collaborative environment
- Our flexible working system enables some freedom from the rigid 9-5 work pattern, with core hours of 10-4, and where additional hours worked may be accrued and taken as flexi-leave
- Full-time roles are 35 hours a week
- Generous holiday allowance; 23 days rising with service, plus bank holidays
- A competitive salary
- Life insurance of 4x death in service benefit
- Competitive pension scheme; we contribute up to 8% of salary depending on your level of contribution
- Access to occupational pension advice via our broker
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Income protection insurance: you may be eligible for this support if you become unwell for a long period of time
- Professional membership subscription to an appropriate body of your choice
- Generous family-friendly polices such as enhanced maternity/paternity leave
Health and wellbeing provision
- Health cash plan offering financial support with medical treatment i.e. dental, physio, etc.
- Private medical insurance
- Eye care: eye test, lenses and frames contribution
- Generous welfare package including employee assistance helplines and face-to-face confidential counselling service
Learning and development opportunities
- A commitment to supporting your continuous professional development
- Access to a variety of training solutions; e-learning, seminars, face-to-face and other CPD
To thrive with us, bring:
- An open-minded and flexible approach. Enhance our diverse and inclusive team.
- A creative attitude to work. Help us strengthen and improve in a workplace where you are encouraged to innovate and share new ideas.
- Enthusiasm and commitment. Provide our members with the best service possible to maintain our worldwide respected status.
- A friendly and communicative approach. Fit in to our small organisation where staff know each other well and strive to work collaboratively.
- The ambition to take on new challenges. We always look to the future to embrace change, so we continue to evolve.
Take the next step to a fulfilling and rewarding future.
Our candidate packs for each role give you a greater understanding of the vacancy and provide details of how to apply.
If you require more information contact our HR team.
Membership Qualifications Executive
Membership Qualifications Executive - Candidate pack
Are you an organised and confident individual with experience in the membership sector? Do you want to develop your knowledge of the built environment sector and act as first point of contact for existing and potential members? We are the Institution of Structural Engineers. The world’s largest membership body dedicated to the art and science of structural engineering. We represent the best creatives and innovators in the profession at a global level and tackling climate change is at the top of our agenda.
As a Membership Qualifications Executive you will act as secretary to the Application and Professional Review Panel (A&PR Panel) and will process a variety of applications including (but not limited to) Technician, Fellow and Associate. You will be involved in the production of statistical reports to be reported to the A&PR Panel and Membership Committee and work collaboratively across the teams within the Membership and Education Directorate.
To be shortlisted for this post, you must have:
• Knowledge of assessment procedures for professional membership bodies, and an understanding of academic qualifications relating to Further Education / Higher Education sectors
• Experience using CRM systems to ensure effective data maintenance
• Excellent interpersonal skills
To Apply: Webrecruit
Committee Executive (Governance)
Committee Executive (Governance)
Do you enjoy working in roles where your strong attention to detail can be recognised?
Can you provide a high level of compliance and governance support to our structural engineering
Are you an experienced administrator looking to expand your skills within a growing membership
To provide the best service delivery and support to members of the Schemes of Certification of Design (Building Structures) operated by Structural Engineers Registration (SER) Ltd and the SER team. Within this role you will provide secretariat support to the boards for the SER schemes alongside overseeing the schemes auditing processes. The Committee Executive (Governance) also provides financial and data support, including statistical analysis and the processing of invoices, as well as responding to queries from members and other stakeholders. The postholder will also have the opportunity to prepare content for communications with members including website updates and assist with the development of current and future schemes.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
The cover letter should be no more than 500 words.
Front of House and Venue Coordinator
Front of House and Venue Coordinator (Candidate Pack)
Do you have excellent customer service skills? Do you pride yourself on being well organised and working well as part of a team? Does problem solving and taking initiative sound like skills you have?
As a Front of House (FOH) and Venue Coordinator, you will provide a professional and customer focused front of house service. You will support the Training and Events team in setting up our conference/meeting rooms for our multiple events throughout the year.
You will act as a main point of contact for all Institution enquiries, visitors, and deliveries via the switchboard and email which will include managing bookings (internal Institution, staff and external enquirers) at 47 Bastwick Street, from initial contact to the first-class delivery of the meeting, including all associated hospitality requirements.
To Apply: Webrecruit
Content and Engagement
Manager - CROSS
Content and Engagement Manager - CROSS (Candidate Pack)
Are you a creative communications professional looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about the built environment, public safety, and the greater good?
Collaborative Reporting for Safer Structures (CROSS-UK) helps professionals make buildings and structures safer. It provides a way for safety concerns to be submitted anonymously and shared with the building design and construction industry so that similar situations can be avoided in the future. CROSS is jointly owned by the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) and the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
The IStructE Marketing and Communications team are looking for an experienced content and communications professional to work with CROSS and increase reach and impact within the built environment industry. You’ll work closely with the CROSS-Scheme Manager to promote new and existing activities, producing accompanying content for a wide range of audiences to increase engagement with the brand.
To Apply: Webrecruit